Thursday, June 10, 2010

travel channel.

So I love me some Travel Channel and especially the Samantha Brown show "Passport to Europe". I long to go back to Europe, it was the best sixteen days of my life and I need to go back.

I've come up with a 5 year plan to go back to Europe and stay in hostels traveling the land! I've already had one friend shorten my 5 year Europe plan to 2 years, which I would gladly do if I had the money. I was lucky enough to go to 7 European countries with The Iowa Ambassadors of Music in 2004. You would not believe the amazing things I got to see and do.

This is a QUICK TABLE OF ADVENTURES from the 83 page handbook we got:
The main contents of the handbook:
Windsor
London
Paris
Switzerland
Vaduz
Seefeld
Venice
Dachau
Rothenberg

But there is SO very much more in between!


NOTRE DAME in FRANCE


Water Channel in ITALY


ADRIATIC SEA in ITALY


EIFFEL TOWER in PARIS


ABBY ROAD STUDIO in ENGLAND


View from the THAMES RIVER in England


WITTEN BASILICA in AUSTRIA


MATTERHRON in SWITZERLAND


DACHAU CONCENTRATION CAMP in GERMANY

So here is a small itinerary of my sixteen days on a large lime bus traveling across Europe.
England-London, Abby Road, the subway, Tower of London, Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Hardrock Cafe, Phantom of The Opera, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Big Ben, The Globe Theater, The Long Walk, crossed The White Cliffs of Dover.

France-Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile, Arc de Triomphe de Carrousel, Notre Dame, Church of St. Severin, Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise, Eiffel Tower, Jardins de Luxenbourg, Mona Lisa, Musee Louvre, Palais de Chaillot, Seine, Statue de la Liberte, Tuilleries Gardens, United States Embassy.

Switzerland-Lake Geneva, Mediterranean Sea, Laussanne, Montreux, Matterhorn, swiss cheese and chocolates, Chateau du Chillon, Swiss Alps, Zermatt, yodeling and music festival.

Liechtenstein- Vaduz, Castel of Liechtenstein, the post office

Austria-Seefeld, '64 and '76 Winter Olympic Games site, Wilten Basilica, Innsbruck, Maria-Theresian Strasse.

Italy-Venice, Bridge of Sights, Basilica of San Marco, St. Mark's Square.

Germany-Dachau, Munich, New Town Hall, Rothenburg, Doppelbrucke, Frankfurt, Stuttgart.


I cannot wait to go back...it's going to be an amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment