Sunday, June 13, 2010

reading books.

I've been attempting to read "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris for about 5 months now. He's been my favorite writer for almost 2 years now. Thus far I've read "Holidays on Ice" and "Me Talk Pretty One Day". Left on the list of his books to read are "Barrel Fever", "Naked", "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim", and "Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules". He is a very honest and hysterical writer. He focuses on his life stores, family, boyfriends, and all the interesting people he meets along the way.

In the past year I've also read "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen-I HIGHLY recommend this book. There's a movie coming out about it with Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattenson. I also read "The Secret Life Of Bees" and "The True and Outstanding Adventures of The Hunt Sisters".

I'm really hoping to read more books, there's so many great books-including "The Great Gatsby" which I've owned for years and never could get past the first 4 pages. Suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment