Friday, June 4, 2010

farewell.

I really thought I loved you at one point. I really thought that we could have been great. But then reality sunk in and I was slapped in the face with the fact that you never cared. You betrayed, used, manipulated, embarrassed, and lied to me...and all for the sake of what? I don't regret things, but I regret letting you in and not seeing what a horrible person you could be to me. And no, I'm not blaming myself-you just reiterate what I've known all along. I was hoping to demolish that stereotype that I've built about the "men" in my life, but instead you walked into it, sat on the couch, and over stayed your welcome. I'm sad to see you go, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my heart for your selfishness. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I love the line "...but instead you walked into it, say on the couch, and over stayed your welcome."

    ReplyDelete