Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ames. the cafe. megan.

I went to Ames last week to see my friend, Megan. Kym came down from Minneapolis and Claire went with me. We had a wonderful dinner at The Cafe. I don't spend much time in Ames, so it was a little trip for me. The food was wonderful. Claire and I split the shades of green salad that had local arugula, asparagus, peas, cucumbers, feta and fresh herbs, totasted pumpkin seeds and celery with green goddess dressing and cafe baguette wedge and also the pesto chicken pizza. I was a little nervous about the salad, but VERY intrigued with the mixture. Need less to say I wasn't disappointed with any thing about the salad. The pizza was great, but I would have been okay with less chicken on it and more veggies. I guess mentioning that I should have got some sort of a vegetarian pizza. The peanut butter cheesecake was pretty amazing...but I'm a sucker for a good cheesecake!



No comments:

Post a Comment