Monday, August 9, 2010

meet tanner.






Tanner is the son of my best friend of 12 years, Charity. This year he will be 7 years old-yes folks-we're getting old. This was after his t-ball game in Story City. In true Charity and Katy, celebratory fashion we went out for ice cream. I'm honestly curious how Charity and I aren't 500 lbs. after all the ice cream we've had together.
Tanner is also my godson and he's a cancer survivor. He was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma when he was 6 months old. I remember when Charity called and told me. I was driving into Smith Oil's parking lot just minutes before we were expected to be at commencement practice. Needless to say, it really put life and loved ones into prospective. Now he's cancer free and very much an active and healthy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment