Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Again, a touchy subject. I feel like there are so many different kind of drugs that when you get down to it there's so many answers. I don't think marijuana, a natural plant found on mother earth is wrong. But chemically processed and created drugs I feel should be looked at in more of a negative light. It seems to me that pot can help so many people, yet we punish some one harsher for it than for a drug that puts life threatening chemicals into our body and can instantly kill. After watching a lot of documentaries and educating myself the best I can-keep in mind I am not an expert-there are many helpful qualities in weed that could help thousands, if not millions with ailments ranging from glaucoma to cancer. It just seems strange to me that we'd keep a natural medicine out of the hands of people who could benefit from it without harmful side effects like most narcotics have.

Alcohol is to me a legal drug. You can buy it at almost every gas station, grocery store, general store, bar and restaurant. You can become so drunk you pass out, drive home, or possibly hurt yourself or some one else. I sat in a room of friends once and out of 13 of the group only 3 of us had never had a DUI...out of those 10 people 6 of them had more than 2....out of those 6 3 of them had more than 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment