Sunday, November 28, 2010

cinema.

I love Netflix and the wide variety of movies it gives me to choose from. Last night I watched "Changeling" staring Angelina Jolie, Colm Feore, and Amy Ryan. Clint Eastwood did it again-mystery, suspense, drama, and thrill. I never saw what was coming and although it wasn't the outcome I wanted for Jolie's character, I loved the ever thickening plot. 5 stars.

I had "The Blind Side" right before I left for California and was pleasantly surprised by a movie I expected to be just some cheesy story about a white lady who helped a struggling African American boy. I really enjoyed that the entire community rallied around Michael-encouraging general acceptance and compassion-even if it did take a little work and convincing. I also really enjoyed the family dynamic that the kids had for one another-a instant blood bond-which not even all genetically bound siblings share. 5 stars.

More to come....actually I should be reading or knitting, but I love movies!!

1 comment: