Wednesday, November 24, 2010

apple lovin'.


So I sadly broke my Grandma Judy's casserole dish today...I literally stood in my kitchen and cried. I also haven't thrown it away yet. But on a better note I found this recipe at TOWNABOVEWATER and my mouths been watering since.
Thank you!!!!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups coarse fresh whole wheat (or grain) breadcrumbs
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
3 T granulated sugar
3 T unsalted butter, melted & divided
2 lbs McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and cut
3 T light brown sugar
4 T apple cider
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 ground allspice


Recipe:
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
In a separate bowl, combine apples, remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon remaining 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cider add next 3 ingredients.
Sprinkle half of crumb mixture in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon apple filling over crumb mixture, and sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over filling.
Spoon remaining 2 tablespoons apple cider over crumbs.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbling.
Serves 8. Serving Size 2/3 cup
Weight Watchers recipe

Nutritional Info:

144 calories, 4.8g fat
1.3 g protein, 26 carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment