Monday, March 21, 2011

super fantastic.


The Natural Living Expo and Des Moines Swap O Rama Rama together at last! I cannot wait for April 2 & 3rd; finally a 2 day swap that every one can attend. So here's the gist of what the swap is about and why it is so amazing: Swap-O-Rama-Rama (SORR) is a clothing swap and series of do-it-yourself workshops in which a community explores creative reuse through the recycling of used clothing. Participants bring their unwanted clothing to the event site. The clothing is sorted and everyone is encouraged to choose new items. Experts will be on hand to teach workshops and foster creative thinking in terms of clothing modification, screen printing, and embellishment. It’s more than a clothing swap, it’s a Swap-O-Rama-Rama, where excitement and opportunities for dialogue are created during the swap process. Last year I did the Yudu demonstration and it was so much fun. I'm hoping this year I get to actually see some of the other demos and explore the Expo since I'm working on a very important life changing experience of my own! Please click on the links above for more information, mailing lists, and to volunteer for the DSM SORR! Last year went so well, we had a great turn out and also a great show case of repurposed clothing.
I'm also looking forward to my first time at the Expo; I just went through a list of the exhibitors and it's going to be quite the educational experience. I am doing an organic garden this year and have a lot to learn and gain from their knowledge and experience. Now I'm off to 1/2 priced books to see what I can find!

Saturday, April 2: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. // Sunday, April 3: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Polk County Convention Complex located at 501 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309

No comments:

Post a Comment