Saturday, March 24, 2012

'tis the season.

Well, it's about that time of year again in the Midwest where we start contemplating gardens, outdoor activities, and yard work. I, myself, could pass on the yard work but I do love to garden! This year, however, will be a new experience to me since I moved from a over sized yard to a smaller yard with some friends who also plan on gardening. So this year will have to take some creative thoughts and innovative processes. Thank goodness I have other friends with green thumbs that enjoy the same things as me that are willing to share such great ideas, such as vertical gardening. Yes, if I had it my way I'd be on a farm with a pond, some chickens, and a garden-but maybe next year. For now I have some big plans to think over!


This book intrigues me for multiple reasons. 1. The Iowa references that I've found and 2. Rothman is my mother's maiden name and I'd really like to know if the author is some how related. Not to the mention the graphic work in this book makes my mouth water.

With a new space for gardening, which is quite limited to my previous over sized yard I'm going to have to be a little more creative with my growing process.

I think growing up, not growing out is a good idea for a lot of things, not only vegetables, but let's not get political here.

No comments:

Post a Comment