Saturday, June 4, 2011

skin deep.

I really really really want a new tattoo. I have this wonderful KEY tattoo from a local tattoo artist at Yankee Doodle Tattoos. His name is Ace and he's the bee knees. My friend, Melissa, also has some amazing tattoos from him as well and thus the motivation to get more work from him. The following are my tattoo and Melissa's pieces on her shoulder.
Ideally the work I'm after is to capture the memory of my Grandmothers. One was a florist and the other had a large crop of strawberries in her back yard, that I remember fondly. I want it to be whimsical, yet sophisticated and well done. Almost antique like in a way. I really think Ace will be my best bet if he's willing to do it.




I also found some fantastic work on Pinterest that caught my eye.



P.S. Sorry I've been away for so long. I have a wedding today and another still yet to edit...there's lots to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment